Heavenly Hash Bars
Chock-full of chips, nuts and mini marshmallows, these rich bars are a cinch to stir up. "They make great Christmas treats, but I like to prepare them year-round," explains Peg Wilson, Elm Creek, Nebraska.
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Sprinkle marshmallows and nuts in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set
- aside. In a small saucepan, melt chips and peanut butter over low
- heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Pour over marshmallows and
- nuts. Let stand for 8-10 minutes. Gently stir to coat marshmallows.
- Chill until set; cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.