Heavenly Filled Strawberries
Here comes strawberry season! These luscious stuffed berries are the perfect bite-size dessert for a summer party. —Stephen Munro, Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 dozen large fresh strawberries
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Grated chocolate
- Remove stems from strawberries; cut a deep "X" in the tip of each
- berry. Gently spread berries open.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and
- extract until light and fluffy. Pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons into
- each berry; sprinkle with chocolate. Chill until serving. Yield: 3
Nutrition Facts: 1 filled strawberry (calculated without chocolate) equals 41 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.