Heavenly Crab Cakes
Every bite of these specially seasoned crab cakes is a piece of paradise. Whenever I crave seafood, this is the dish I prepare.Laura Letobar, Livonia, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine crabmeat, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, egg substitute,
- mayonnaise, mustard, dill, lime and lemon juices and Worcestershire
- sauce. Shape into eight patties. Place remaining bread crumbs in a
- shallow bowl; dip each patty into crumbs to cover. Refrigerate for
- 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over
- medium heat until browned on both sides. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch; also, 150 calories, 108 mg sodium, 14 mg cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein, 2 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon