Hearty Wild Rice Soup
I tasted this thick and hearty soup at a food fair I helped judge. It didn't earn a ribbon, but I thought it was a real winner. The original recipe called for uncooked wild rice, but instead I use a quick-cooking rice blend. —Kathy Herink, Gladbrook, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, celery and onions over medium heat until
- beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef
- into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in water, broth, soup, rice mix and contents of the seasoning
- packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes or
- until heated through. Top servings with bacon. Yield: 8 servings
- (about 2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 268 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.