Field editor Julia Livingston of Frostproof, Florida sent the recipe for this spaghetti that feeds a crowd. For easy transport, assemble pasta and sauce in an insulated carrier.
25 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 5 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 8 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 4 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- In two large Dutch ovens or soup kettles, cook the beef, onions and
- celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in
- the tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Serve with
- meat sauce. Yield: 25 servings (about 3/4 cup meat sauce with 3/4
- cup spaghetti).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 458 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,348 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.