Hearty Reuben Salad
Mrs. Paul Tremblay, Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 cup rye croutons
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, sauerkraut, cheese,
- corned beef and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Garnish with croutons and eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 259 mg cholesterol, 1,329 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.