Hearty Potato Omelet
I put this together years ago when me kids were small. It was delicious, economical and nutritious. Now they make it for their own families.Elsie Norton, Mt. Vernon, Illinois
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bacon strip, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- crisp. Add Tater Tots and break apart with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and water; add to skillet. As eggs set,
- lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are
- set, spoon cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and
- let stand for 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Invert omelet
- onto a plate to serve. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 403 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 463 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.