- carrots, cabbage, green pepper, zucchini and garlic; saute 3 minutes
- longer. Stir in the water, tomatoes, beans, tomato puree, tomato
- sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta; cook 12-15 minutes longer or until tender. Garnish
- each serving with basil and cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (3
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 191 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.