Hearty Macaroni Salad
My grandmother, Marguerite Lemire, makes this old-fashioned side dish for every family function. This hearty chilled salad has classic ingredients plus a bit of vinegar to give it zing.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, dice
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; rinse in cold water
- and drain. Refrigerate until chilled. In a large bowl, combine the
- remaining ingredients; stir in macaroni. Cover and refrigerate for
- several hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 420 calories, 30 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.