Hearty Ham Sandwiches
"When our granddaughter needed sandwiches for a gathering after a high-school dance, I created this recipe," says Rena Charmasson of Woodward, Oklahoma. "Now these sandwiches and some soup make a nice meal for me and my husband, Claude."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 8 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard and
- onion. Spread on four slices of bread. Layer with ham and cheese;
- top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 371 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.