Hearty Chicken Club
I discovered the recipe for this sizable sandwich a while back and modified it to suit my family's tastes. We love it...the only problem is trying to open wide enough to take a bite!
-Debbie Johanesen, Missoula, Montana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 4 slices seven-grain sandwich bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 ounces sliced cooked chicken or turkey
- 4 bacon strips, cooked
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe California Avocado, sliced
- Combine mayonnaise and salsa; spread on two slices of bread. Layer
- with lettuce, tomato, chicken or turkey, bacon, cheese and avocado.
- Top with remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 926 calories, 67 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 2,029 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 46 g protein.