Hearty Cheese Tortellini
This is an easy, wonderful recipe that is simple enough for an everyday meal but good enough for company. It makes a large amount, so it feeds plenty of people. I serve it with steamed broccoli covered in a cheese sauce and fresh bread.Christine Eilerts, Tulsa, Oklahoma
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the
- marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for
- 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; stir into meat
- mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 388 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 908 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.