Hearty Cheese Soup
THICK and creamy, this soup is chock full of rich, cheese flavor. I came home with this recipe after an exchange at my church several years ago and I have shared it with many. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until
- potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into
- vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until melted.
- Yield: 2 servings.