Hearty Bean Bake
Because it makes such a big batch, this popular four-bean bake is perfect for potlucks...but I like to serve it with rolls and a salad at home too. We take the leftovers for lunch during the week.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bacon and beans. Transfer to a
- greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, honey and vinegar.
- Pour over the bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50
- minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Let stand for 10
- minutes; stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 277 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein.