Hearty Baked Stew
My mother has been making this stew since the 1940s and prepared it for our family many times through the years. It's loaded with vegetables for wonderful flavor and pretty presentation. - Judith Wood, Fredericktown, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and carrots.
- Crumble beef over carrots. Layer with the tomatoes, peas and onions.
- Dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is no
- longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Make Hearty Baked Stew when you have time. Cool, cover tightly with foil and freeze. When you anticipate a busy day, remove the pan from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein.