Curl up with a guilt-free coffeehouse drink at home. The blend of spices perfectly captures the essence of the season. Taste of Home Test Kitchen - Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 8 individual tea bags
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Place cloves and allspice in a small bowl. With the end of a wooden
- spoon handle, crush spices until aromas are released. Add the tea
- bags, ginger, nutmeg and boiling water. Cover and steep for 6
- minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the milk.
- Strain tea into the pan, discarding tea bags and spices. Stir in
- honey and vanilla. Ladle into mugs. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.