Healthy Snack Mix
"For a crunchy tasty snack mix that's perfect for parties or to take along to satisfy the 'munchies', give this nutty whole-grain version a try," suggests Cindy Giovanetti of Argyle, Texas.
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 tablespoons egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon fat-free cheese-flavored sprinkles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 package (16 ounces) Wheat Chex
- 1/3 cup each toasted almonds, salted cashews and dry-roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Add the cereal
- and nuts; toss gently until coated. Spread onto two 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 250° for 20 minutes. Stir to break apart large pieces.
- Bake 30 minutes longer or until dried, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to cool. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 9 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,