Healthy Colorful Coleslaw
Every time I prepare this colorful salad, I adjust the ingredients a bit. This version tastes the best with the fewest calories. -Jeanette Jones of Muncie, Indiana
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers, carrots and onions. In
- a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss; serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 153 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.