Hazelnut Cutout Cookies
My grandmother taught me how to bake this wonderful cookie among other recipes. Now every time I bake these at Christmas, I have wonderful memories of her.Alice LeBlanc, Alburg, Vermont
72 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash baking soda
- 2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar or vanilla sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg white. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in hazelnuts. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with
- floured 2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,