Ruth Sayles of Pendleton, Oregon reveals, "I often make ice cream sandwiches using these yummy cookies."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts or filberts, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix
- well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chips and nuts. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place on greased
- baking sheets. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness with a glass dipped in
- sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 309 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.