Hazelnut Bundt Cake
My mother, a wonderful German lady, used to make this cake often, since she knew how much I loved hazelnuts and chocolate together. Now I make it for my family.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine
- flour and baking powder. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips; add to
- creamed mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack
- to cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 304 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.