Hawaiian Spinach Salad
Toss together fresh spinach, veggies, pineapple and ham for this light, lovely main-dish salad. —Anita Ashe, Sherbrooke, Nova Scotia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2/3 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 slices red onion, halved
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham, julienned
- 1/3 cup fat-free poppy seed salad dressing
- Divide spinach among four plates. Top with tomatoes, cucumber,
- mushrooms and onion. Arrange pineapple and ham over salad. Drizzle
- with dressing.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cups equals 184 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.