Hawaiian Ham Skillet
Pineapple tidbits give island appeal to this sweet-and-sour ham dish from Ona Nelson of Muskegon, Michigan.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 pound boneless fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a skillet, stir-fry
- ham until golden. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water, vinegar, mustard and pineapple juice until blended.
- Add to the ham; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add green pepper and
- pineapple; simmer for 5-8 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with sugar substitute and calculated without rice) equals 151 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.