Havarti Turkey Hero
This is not your ordinary sandwich! Agnes Ward of Stratford, Ontario writes, “everyone likes the combination of chutney and chopped peanuts. I like to make this when I have company in the afternoon or at night after a game of cards.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Havarti cheese
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple, cored and cut into thin rings
- In a small bowl, combine the chutney, mayonnaise, peanuts and
- cayenne; spread evenly over the cut side of bread bottom. Layer with
- turkey, lettuce, cheese and apple. Replace bread top. Cut into eight
- slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 302 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 973 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.