Havarti Shrimp Quesadillas
Apricot preserves add a touch of sweetness to the mushrooms, shrimp and cheese inside these grilled quesadillas. Or cook them in a hot skillet until lightly browned. —Susan Manning, Burlington, North Carolina
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender.
- Spread 1 tablespoon preserves over half of each tortilla; top with
- cheese, shrimp and mushrooms. Fold tortillas over. Brush both sides
- with melted butter.
- Grill quesadillas, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on
- each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each
- quesadilla into four wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge equals 123 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.