Convenience items such as frozen hash browns, vegetables and puff pastry make this potpie quick and easy to make. They rye bread crumbs add an interesting twist. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices rye bread
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place bread in a food processor,
- cover and process to make crumbs; sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet. Using a
- small floured ghost-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 ghosts. Place
- on an ungreased baking sheet. Remove potpie from the oven; set aside
- and keep warm. Bake ghosts at 400° for 10 minutes or until puffy
- and golden brown. Place on top of potpie; serve immediately. Yield: