Hash Brown Potato Salad
"I've used this recipe for 20 years, and it's still a family favorite," confides Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. "It stirs up and cooks in a jiffyand it tastes just as good as a German potato salad that you fussed all day to make."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Place bacon in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave
- on high for 3-4 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove with a
- slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Add onions to the drippings;
- cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes; cover and cook on high for 6-7 minutes, stirring
- several times. Add the vinegar, celery salt and bacon; toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.