Hash Brown Ham Quiche
My family loves this cheesy ham quiche on Sunday morning after church. I'm a registered nurse, and I got this recipe from the mother of one of my patients. It's delicious for brunch and not hard to prepare.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Grease a 9-in. pie plate with 2 teaspoons butter. Press hash browns
- onto the bottom and up the sides of plate. Drizzle with remaining
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are
- Combine cheeses and ham; spoon into the crust. In a large bowl, beat
- the eggs, cream and seasoned salt; pour over ham.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.