Hash Brown Egg Brunch
Barb Keith, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Layer a third of the potatoes, bacon, onion, green pepper and cheese
- in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Repeat layers
- twice. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour
- over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook for
- 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 315 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 289 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.