Hash Brown Apple Pancake
Wedges of crispy Hash Brown Apple Pancake make a fast and fabulous side dish the whole family will savor. Laced with onions, chives and Swiss cheese, they take only minutes and would go well with all kinds of entrees.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large
- nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil over
- medium-high heat.
- Spread half of the potato mixture evenly in pan; sprinkle with
- cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture, pressing gently into
- skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until bottom is browned.
- Carefully invert pancake onto a plate. Heat remaining butter and oil
- in same pan. Slide pancake into skillet, browned side up. Cook 5
- minutes longer or until bottom is browned and cheese is melted.
- Slide pancake onto a plate; cut into four wedges. Yield: 4 servings.