Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed (3 cups)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- In a large saucepan, cook pork and onion in butter until meat is
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the broth,
- salt, rosemary, sage and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in squash and apples; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until
- squash and apples are tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 289 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 867 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein.