Harvest Snack Mix
Candy corn makes this natural snack for fall gatherings. The sweet and salty flavors are irresistible. Marlene Harguth, Maynard, Minnesota
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup chocolate bridge mix
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, nuts and sunflower kernels.
- Combine the butter, cinnamon and cloves. Drizzle a third of butter
- mixture over pretzel mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining butter mixture
- and toss to coat. Stir into pretzel mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer
- or until heated through. Cool; transfer to a large bowl. Add candy
- corn and bridge mix; toss to combine. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 260 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.