- until easy to handle.
- Use a floured hand-shaped cookie cutter or trace a child's hand onto
- a piece of cardboard with pencil and cut out for a pattern.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/2-in. thickness.
- Either use a sharp knife to cut around the cardboard hand pattern in
- dough or use cookie cutter to cut out hand shapes. Place 2 in. apart
- on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 7-9 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Set aside 1 teaspoon of white glaze for eyes. Place 1/4 cup of glaze
- into each of four bowls. Tint one red, one yellow, one orange and
- one green. Place 1 tablespoon of glaze in another bowl and tint dark
- brown. Tint the remaining glaze light brown.
- Frost the palm and thumb of each cookie light brown. Frost each
- finger a different color, using red, yellow, orange and green.
- Place the remaining yellow glaze in a pastry or plastic bag. Cut a
- small hole in the corner of bag. Pipe a beak on each thumb.
- Repeat with dark brown glaze to pipe a pupil in the center of each
- eye and to pipe wings in the center of each cookie.
- Use remaining red glaze to pipe wattles on each thumb. Let dry
- completely. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Finished size: Cookies shown measure about 2-3/4 inches across.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.