My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me when my husband and I were first married. Over the past 50 years, I've relied on this meal-in-one more times than I can count. - Dolores Hickenbottom, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas and carrots, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shape beef into four patties. In a skillet, cook patties over medium
- heat until no longer pink. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add
- water to skillet and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour into
- slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.
If you prefer, use 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables for the canned peas and carrots in the Hamburger Supper recipe.
Nutrition Facts: 1 patty with 1-1/3 cups vegetables equals 380 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.