There's nothing fancy to this recipeit's just bursting with old-fashioned goodness and hearty flavor.Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 55 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the soup mix and tomatoes; simmer, uncovered, for 10
- minutes. Add the carrot, potato, cabbage, corn and beans. Cover and
- simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add rice and water or juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer,
- covered, for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the
- vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 264 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.