Hamburger Rice Skillet
Suzanne Dolata from Ripon, Wisconsin uses onion soup mix to mildy flavor this kid-pleasing blend of ground beef, instant rice and fresh vegetables. "It's good as a main meal or a side dish," she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the water, carrots, celery and soup mix. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil. Add rice; cover. Remove from the heat; let stand
- for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.