This meat pie's filling almost tastes like sloppy joes, which pairs well with the golden biscuit crust. For extra bulk, add 1 cup cooked rice to the beef mixture.Rosemarie Hauser, Baltimore, Maryland
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, toss baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate.
- Line ungreased pie plate with pastry. Fill with meat mixture; trim
- and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until crust is
- golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 268 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.