My husband loves peppermint patties, and our son is crazy for vanilla wafers. So I put the two together to make a cool cookie that looks just like a burger. Kids of all ages get a kick out of them.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Red and yellow paste or gel food coloring
- 40 vanilla wafers
- 20 peppermint patties
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Place 1/4 cup frosting in each of two small bowls. Tint one red and
- the other yellow. Spread yellow frosting on the bottoms of 20
- vanilla wafers; top with a peppermint patty. Spread with red
- frosting. Brush tops of the remaining vanilla wafers with corn
- syrup; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place over red frosting. Yield:
- 20 cookies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.