Ham with Pineapple Salsa
“A dear friend shared the recipe for Ham with Pineapple Salsa when she moved from Hawaii to Colorado. Now it’s one of my favorite ways to eat ham,” says Dawn Wilson of Buena Vista, Colorado. “I get lots of requests for the recipe when I make it for guests.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set
- Place the ham steak on an ungreased rack in a broiler pan. Broil 4-6
- in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 140°. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with
- salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (0.375 pound) equals 405 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 2,441 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer