Ham with Peach Glaze
Tender slices of this fruit-glazed ham are on our family's Christmas menu every year. Topping the meat with pineapple slices, cherries and cloves makes it look festive--and adds to the flavor of this easy holiday entree.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours 20 min.
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced pineapple, drained
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peach or apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each
- diamond. Secure pineapple slices and cherries on ham with
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, peach nectar, vinegar and
- ground cloves. Spoon half of glaze over ham.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes
- longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting twice
- with remaining glaze. Yield: 8-10 servings.