Ham with Orange-Apricot Sauce
"I'm always taking dishes to buffets and I wanted to bring a great ham. I came up with this tasty recipe with a special sauce that everyone said was wonderful."
Shirley Hewitt, Milwaukie, Oregon
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at
- 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads
- In a large saucepan, combine the juice concentrate, sugar, apricots,
- water, cranberries and currants. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with ham. Yield: 15 servings (2-1/4 cups sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 6 ounces ham with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 384 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,906 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer