Ham with Citrus Sauce
"If ham is included at our holiday family gatherings, everyone requests that it's served with this tasty orange sauce," relates Shelly Eckholm from Wing, North Dakota. "It is equally good served hot or cold."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place ham on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add the orange
- juice, water, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange and lemon peel.
- Brush about 3 tablespoons of sauce over ham. Bake 10-15 minutes
- longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated
- through. Serve remaining sauce with ham. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,483 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.