Ham with Cherry Sauce
There's nothing I'd rather serve for Easter dinner or another springtime occasion than succulent baked ham. My recipe features a rub that add flavor to a meat plus a delicious cherry sauce with a hint of almond.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score surface of ham with shallow
- diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Combine the brown sugar, syrup
- and mustard; rub over ham and press into cuts.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- For cherry sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch
- and water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- lemon juice and extract. Serve with ham. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 557 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,852 mg sodium,