Ham with Apricots
"A very good friend made this special main dish when I visited for dinner," writes Nancy King of Greenfield, Indiana. "I really like the spiced fruit glaze."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 1 ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Drain apricots, reserving 1 cup syrup; set aside. Cut apricots in
- half; set aside. Score edges of ham; place in a shallow 2-qt.
- microwave-safe dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; stir in
- vinegar and reserved syrup until smooth. Pour over ham. Cover and
- microwave at 70% power for 3-1/2 minutes. Turn ham; arrange apricots
- on top. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 6-8 minutes or until
- the sauce is thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 225 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 979 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.