Ham and Swiss Stromboli
This pretty swirled sandwich loaf from Pat Raport of Gainesville, Florida is fast, easy and versatile. "Fill it with anything your family likes," she suggests. "Try sliced pepperoni and provolone cheese, or anchovies and ripe olives if you're feeling adventurous."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Unroll dough into a rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Place ham
- over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with onions, bacon
- and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on
- baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut several 1/4-in.-deep slits on top of loaf.
- Bake at 350° for 26-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool
- slightly before slicing. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 289 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.