Ham and Swiss Casserole
Here’s a delightfully rich and creamy, all-in-one meal from Julie Jackman in Bountiful, Utah. “My family just loves the easy-to-fix sauce,“ Julie says, “and it’s a great way to use up leftover ham.“ TIP: For a delectable, creamy and comforting side dish, simply eliminate the ham.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, cook gravy mix according to package directions. Stir in
- the spinach, cheese, ham and mustard. Drain pasta; stir into ham
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer