Ham and Cheese Calzones
This sort of inside-out pizza is something I concocted one evening when I had leftover baked ham and needed to fix something quick and simple. My husband loved itso did all his friends when he took some to work for lunch. —Shelby Marino, Neptune Beach, Florida
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 to 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Dried basil, optional
- Spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Unroll one pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet; shape into a
- 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Spread half of the ricotta cheese
- lengthwise on half of the dough to within 1 in. of the edges.
- Sprinkle with half of the pepperoni, ham and mozzarella cheese. Fold
- dough over filling; press edges firmly to seal. Repeat with
- remaining crust and filling ingredients.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese and basil if desired. Cut into slices. Serve
- with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 2 calzones ( 7 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 341 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,087 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.