Ham and Broccoli Puffs
These starters look complex, but they're easy to make and still very elegant. —Lynda McCulloch, San Antonio, Texas
32 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and finely chopped
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. On a lightly
- floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-in.
- square. Cut each into 16 squares.
- Place a heaping tablespoonful of broccoli mixture in the center of
- each square. Brush edges of pastry with eggs. Bring opposite corners
- over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes
- or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.