Ham and Brie Melts
Tired of BLTs? Try these very special, very quick, crispy sandwiches for a delicious change of pace. It’s hard to believe that just five ingredients can add up to such great taste!
Bonnie Bahler - Ellington, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with half of preserves. Layer with ham and
- cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining preserves; place on
- top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 500 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,208 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer