Ham and Bean Stew
In East Granby, Connecticut, Teresa D'Amato needs only five ingredients to fix this thick, flavorful stew. "It's very easy to make and a favorite with my family." she writes. "I top bowls of it with grated cheese."
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and
- cook on low for 7 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 213 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.